Any student requiring a special housing accommodation of any type should send the request and documentation to Timothy Rogers (email@example.com), the Coordinator of Disability Services at Simmons College. Please visit the Simmons Disability Services website for more information and documentation forms.
Medical documentation for a request based on medical needs must be started no later than March 12, 2014 for returning students wishing to remain in their special accommodations in the fall or be granted an accommodation.
Incoming students who wish to have special accommodations and plan to live on campus for the fall must submit medical documentation as soon as possible. Please go to the Simmons Disability Services website for information and necessary medical documentation forms.
Send documentation forms to:
The ADA Compliance Officer c/o Disability Services
300 The Fenway
Boston. MA 02115-5898
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ: Special Housing Accommodations
- What do I need to do in order to be assigned a room?
You need to:
- Complete an electronic housing application
- Complete all paperwork documenting your need for special accommodations. Please note that even though the deadline in March 13th, it is in your best interest to submit paperwork as early as possible.You can learn more about the necessary documentation at the Office of Disability Services website.
- Contact Tim Rogers in the Office of Disability Services at email@example.com or X2470.
- What if I miss the deadline?
You should still submit the paperwork. While the Office of Residence Life cannot guarantee that you will receive your accommodation, spaces may still be available.
- When might I expect to hear about my room assignment?
If you are a returning student you should hear about your room assignment 3-5 business days before your assigned housing selection night if you have met all of the deadlines and your paperwork has been properly submitted. If you plan on attending the special interest housing lottery, please indicate this on your housing application.For incoming students, you will hear about your room assignment in early August.
- Will I have to go through the housing selection process?
An approval for a special accommodation does not automatically mean that you will be exempt from the housing selection process and have your room assigned to you. Whether you will have to go through the housing selection process will depend on the type of accommodation you need. Once we receive your paperwork, the Office of Residence Life will let you know 3-5 business days before the housing selection process your room assignment or if you should plan to attend the housing selection process. If you do not hear from the Office of Residence Life about approval for your accommodation, you should plan to attend the housing selection process so that you can secure a room for next year. You may also contact the Office of Residence Life at x1096 if you have questions.
- Am I guaranteed a single?
Even if you complete all of the necessary paperwork on time and are approved for a single, the Office of Residence Life cannot guarantee that you will be assigned one. There are a limited number of singles on campus, so it may depend on availability.
- What if I want to live in a particular hall?
Please indicate your housing preference on your housing application and we will do our best to place you in this hall. However, depending on availability you may not receive your first choice hall.
- What if I wish to remain in the same room that I am currently living in?
Please indicate this on your housing application.
- What if I would like to request my roommate(s)?
Please indicate the names of those with whom you would like to live with on your housing application.