Professor of Practice, Director of the Master of Arts in Teaching Program
Director of Multidisciplinary Core Course Program
I have been the Director of MCC, Multidisciplinary Core Course, Program for the past five years. The course is a writing course with a strong content focus on the roles Race, Class and Gender play in our lives and in particular our educational systems. These issues have played a ajor role in my research of how culture dominates the life of schools. I am especially interested in how school structure impacts the change process when schools attempt to bring change both in their structure and pedagogy.
I am also interested in the role that Mind Styles play in pedagogy. This is a dominate theme in the course I teach as I have found it to be a powerful force in understanding the learning process and the ways in which people channel information.
- Harvard University Danforth Moral Development Project
- New England Regional Conference on Social Studies
- Guidance Associates Educational Media Corporation
- Salem New Hampshire Middle School Change Initiative
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- National Middle School Association
- American Educational Research Association
Ed.D., Curriculum and Instruction
Florida State University
University of Southern Florida
Secondary History/Social Social Studies
Principal - Secondary Level