Storage and Retrieval
Simmons College Archives works with College offices to coordinate the off-site storage and retrieval of non-permanent records.
- Storage boxes for administrative records being transferred to the College Archives can be requested at x2441 or email@example.com.
- Boxes should be labeled with
- office name,
- contact phone number,
- brief description and date of the records included,
- and the date transferred to the Archives.
- In some cases, offices may choose to prepare a detailed list of files included in the box. In that event, e-mail this list to the College Archives and include a copy in the box.
- Offices should place a work order through Campus Services (x1000) to schedule a pick-up of boxes.
- Boxes should be sealed with tape prior to pick-up.
Retrieval requests of a single file or of boxes of records should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or x2441. Retrieval requests may take 3-5 business days; please indicate if this is a request requiring rush fulfillment.
For more information on transferring or requesting records, please contact the College Archives staff at email@example.com
- View complete hours and access restrictions.
News from the Archives
In honor of "Brave Women, Bold Ideas, Big Change," the Committee of 200's conference being held at Simmons on Tuesday, the College Library has prepared several exhibits celebrating women leaders and entrepreneurs. Just inside the Library's entrance, books about women...
The Convocation ceremony at Simmons College has traditionally served as the official welcoming of students and faculty into the new academic year. Simmons Convocation began as a dedication to the College's founder, John Simmons. In honor of this year's Convocation...
The College Archives invites the Simmons Community to visit a display of selections from the Archives' collection of historical children's books. Books by Lewis Carroll, Louise May Alcott, Beatrix Potter, and others--many dating back to the 1800s--are prominently featured, as...
The College Archives invites the Simmons Community to Think Spring and learn more about some of the College's most fun annual events! The Archives has prepared an exhibit--complete with vintage photographs--on the history of Spring Spree and the Simmons Cup...