Transformative learning that links passion with lifelong purpose.
"In everything we have done, we have aimed to increase the visible celebration of the learning that we offer in this wonderful place—learning designed to prepare you for your life's work."
—Helen Drinan, President
"Our mission has captured our hearts, our sense of direction, and our ambition to create a world-class institution. Our mission has served us well and has proven to be remarkably resilient despite social and economic influences. It is a mission that I believe has passed the test of time."
—Charlena Seymour, Provost
"The practice of colleague-apprenticeship feeds from the idea of transformation through learning, an idea deeply rooted in Simmons culture. This model implies transformation for students, and offers transformative experiences for faculty, also. The innovation spurring, energy-creating opportunities that come from crossing traditional boundaries are a theme in our cultural history at Simmons."
—Sylvia Maxfield, President Faculty Senate
- We are at our best when students are first
- Simmons graduates are prepared for life's work
- We will cross boundaries to create opportunities
- We are committed to collective investment in our community
- Build a vibrant, student-centered educational community that inspires leadership & lifelong engagement
- Envision Simmons as a university with a global perspective built on research, scholarship & teaching excellence
- Attain & retain financial strength
- Foster & support innovation
- Promote a student-centered culture of learning, leadership, and making a difference