July 10, 2013
For the second year in a row, Simmons College was a lead sponsor for the 2013 Ten Outstanding Young Leaders (TOYL) Awards presented by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
Simmons College President Helen Drinan presented opening remarks along with Paul Guzzi, Boston Chamber president, and Jill Simonson of Southwest Airlines. The evening was emceed by Kelly Tuthill of WCVB-TV Boston.
The event was held June 25 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel and recognized 10 outstanding young leaders, dedicated to improving the quality of life in Boston and the region. Since its inception in 1952, the TOYL Awards ceremony has honored more than 500 young leaders, including President John F. Kennedy. The 2013 honorees included:
• Erika Ebbel Angle, Ph.D., Founder & Chairman, Science from Scientists
• Mike Harney, SVP, FBR Capital Markets; Founder & President, The Play Ball! Foundation
• Kristina Davis, Partner, Deloitte
• John Harthorne, Founder & CEO, MassChallenge
• Latoyia Edwards, Anchor, NECN
• Timothy J. McLaughlin, Associate, Holland & Knight LLP
• Saskia Epstein, CEO, Room to Grow National, Inc.
• Neel Shah, MD, Founder & Executive Director, Costs of Care, Chief Resident in Ob/Gyn, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
• Linda Dorcena Forry, Massachusetts State Senator
• Niraj Shah, CEO & Co-Founder, Wayfair
To learn more about this year’s TOYL Awards and recipients, visit the Boston Chamber ‘s programs website.
Photo: Simmons attendees at the event (Credit: Boston Chamber of Commerce)