August 19, 2014
This summer, Simmons College netted two “Best Colleges in America” rankings from national organizations: FORBES and The Princeton Review.
For the seventh consecutive year, FORBES named Simmons College among America’s best 650 four-year colleges in its annual Top College Ranking for 2014. According to its website, the FORBES ranking is based primarily on what students get from their college experience. Rankings data, therefore, is gathered from five general categories: student satisfaction, post-graduate success, student debt, graduation rate, and nationally competitive awards.
The Princeton Review also recently named Simmons among “The Best 379 Colleges” in its 2015 edition. This ranking derives from surveys of more than 130,000 students attending schools across the nation. The students are asked 80 questions about their school's academics, administration, student body, and themselves.
The Princeton Review ranking said Simmons’s nearly 2,000 undergraduates “love the fact that they can easily access the city's rich social and cultural resources but also come home to a safe, friendly campus.” Said a Simmons student: the college’s “location offers the best of both worlds-an intimate college experience in the heart of a vibrant and bustling city.”
Simmons has received other top rankings from organizations including U.S.News & World Report and Kiplingers Personal Finance.
Recent Press Releases
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Randy Garber: High Strung
- Simmons Encore Series Features Dr. Lois Frankel, Carol Frohlinger & Victoria Labalme, Oct. 1
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks Simmons College Among Top Universities in the Nation
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women's Business Council
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes