Leading by Example
Faculty and Staff Facts
- Faculty research awards from funders such as the Ford Foundation, Freeman Foundation, the National Science Foundation, and United Institute of Peace
- 141 full-time faculty members; 50% hold tenure status.
- Percentage of Liberal Arts Faculty who have Doctorates: 100%
- 300 full-time staff members
- Approximately 200 part-time faculty (most are clinical faculty with fulltime jobs in schools, hospitals, businesses, etc.)
- A 13:1 student/faculty ratio ensures that every student gets personal attention.
- Average class size: 18
- Internationally recognized faculty, including the faculty at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science who work to educate librarians in Kosovo, Iraq, and Vietnam; and College of Arts and Sciences and School of Health Sciences faculty, who build health clinics in Latin America.
Read recent faculty highlights from our blog:
- Professor Emeritus Oppenheim Wins Artist Fellowship Award
- Professor Afaa Weaver Wins Poetry Award
- Know Your Professor: Marlene Fine
- Know Your Professor: Wanda Torres Gregory
- Susan Bloom's Best Children's and Young Adult Books of 2011
- Simmons and the Boston Teachers Union lead first of its kind public school
- Science at Simmons integrates lab training with original research
- Expert historian believes Mary Surratt guilty in 'Conspirator'
- Professors Bailey, Sealey talk about their careers in social work
- Science students turn trash into treasure