Mission of the School-What We Do
The Simmons College School of Management is a premier source of transformative business and professional education aimed at creating successful, principled leaders. Our unique MBA program educates women to be leaders in their chosen business endeavors while our undergraduate business degree creates the opportunity for work place success right out of college. Health Care MBA and M.S. in Management programs educate women and men in a diverse group of management specialties. Our faculty is both academically excellent and experienced in the real world application of their specialties. We generate cutting edge research and thought leadership in gender and diversity dynamics in organizations. We are the leaders in research and education about women as employees, as entrepreneurs, consumers and investors. We are an authoritative resource and a key partner for organizations committed to strengthening their performance through the recruitment, retention and advancement of women as organizational leaders.
Vision-How We Do It
We are committed to educating students to be leaders who understand the necessity to be both excellent at what they do, and principled in how it is done. We focus on students as individuals; we are invested in their success and we support them as they launch, advance and change their careers. We are committed to the advancement of knowledge and practice in management through excellence in education and research. Our multiple programs at all levels incorporate rigorous, applied management education and entrepreneurial insights thorough classroom experiences and internships. All of our programs integrate the strategic, functional and behavioral aspects of management. Our students gain the knowledge and analytical skills they need to manage successfully in dynamic and global environments.
- Business education that is strategic, rigorous and experienced based.
- A small school experience in which the faculty and staff are invested in every student's success.
- Interaction with industry that informs our teaching, offers employment and internship opportunities to our students, and creates value for the organizations involved.
- Decision making that is supported by critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ethical and socially responsible management practices that enhance the performance of organizations and the welfare of society.
- Innovation, change leadership and entrepreneurship in every sector.
- Faculty excellence in teaching and continuous improvement of both teaching and learning in a changing environment.
- Excellence in research both by our faculty and our affiliates that brings new insights to our teaching and expands the body of knowledge across a wide array of business topics.
- Diversity in our student body and the value that diversity brings to both the classroom and the organization.