Information sessions, application, and selection takes place in February and March.
Information sessions, application, and selection takes place in March.
Student Health Educators (SHE) and Peer Educators (PE)
Information sessions, application, and selection takes place in March.email@example.com) as soon as possible if you have questions about the RA selection process.
Students interested in being a Summer RA should read the job description carefully, and fill out the following application. It is due by Wednesday, March 13 at midnight.
Interviews will be offered to select candidates on Monday, March 18, and final decisions will be issued on Monday, March 25. If you have any questions about the Summer RA position or process, please contact Sarah Cyr-Mutty (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students interested in either the Orientation Leader or Simmons 101 Facilitator positions should fill out the same application.
Application Instructions.You must complete all parts of this application in order to be considered for these positions. Completed applications include the following:
1. Completing all of the demographic questions.
2. Answer all essay questions as indicated:
- OL and S101 candidates: Why are you applying to be an Orientation Leader and/or a Simmons 101 Facilitator? What do you think you will bring to this position? What sets you apart from other candidates?
- OL candidates only: What do you think are the three biggest issues that new students face during their first semester? How would you in your role as Orientation Leader help prepare your students to face those issues?
- S101 candidates only: Simmons 101 for the Fall 2013 semester will focus on transitioning to college through a lens of exploring identity and discussing inclusion and diversity. How might you go about discussing college transitions in the context of inclusion and diversity?
3. Submitting a completed copy of your most recent resume. (If you need assistance with creating a resume, please contact the Career Education Center. The Career Education Center is located on the 1st floor of the Management/Academic building. The phone number to the office is 617.521.2488.)
InterviewsStudents applying for the Orientation Leader and/or the Simmons 101 Facilitator positions will need to participate in BOTH a group process interview and an individual interview.
Group Process and individual interviews will take place on Sunday, March 24th between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Important DatesBoth Orientation Leaders and Simmons 101 facilitators should plan on attending the Student Multicultural Leadership Conference on Friday, April 4, 2013.
If selected to be an Orientation Leader, you must be available for both Summer Training and Orientation, and Fall Training and Orientation.
If selected to be a Simmons 101 Facilitator, you must be available for Fall Training and portions of Fall Orientation.
Summer Training and Orientation1. Orientation Leader Summer Training: Thursday, June 13- Sunday, June 16
2. Summer Orientation: Monday, June 17 - Friday, June 21
Fall Training and Orientation (dates tentative)
1. Fall Training: Sunday, August 25(OLs) or Monday, August 26(S101 Facilitators) - Saturday, August 31
2. Fall Orientation: Sunday, September 2 - Wednesday, September 5
OLs are expected to participate in all aspects of Fall Orientation; S101 facilitators should expect to participate in portions of Fall Orientation, including move-in day, FACES, convocation, and more.