Know the Process
All current resident students enrolled at Simmons College have the opportunity to participate in a room selection process to pick a room for 2014-2015.
In order to participate in the selection, you will need to have a $250 housing deposit on file in Student Financial Services. This deposit should already be on file if you currently live on campus; however it is used to pay for charges associated with lost, stolen or unreturned key, or damage to your room. If this deposit falls below $250, repayment of the difference will be necessary to participate in the room selection. Students returning from study abroad of a leave of absence (LOA) most likely have a deposit on file, however students that withdrew to live off-campus will probably need to submit a new deposit. Please contact SFS at 617-521-2009 or 617-521- 2010 if you are unsure of your deposit amount.
The class statuses for room selection are:
Status 1 87 or more credits Rising Seniors
Status 2 57-86 credits Rising Juniors
Status 3 27-56 credits Rising Sophomores
Status 4 26 or fewer credits 2nd Semester 1st years
Status 5 All levels Graduate/Dix Scholars
Please note: Residents that are seeking to live in Theme Communities or Special Interest Housing Selection will attend housing selection on Wednesday, April 16th from 6:00pm — 7:00pm.
It is important to remember that statuses correspond to your Selection night. Status are based solely on credits and not on whether you are graduating or how many years you have been at Simmons or GPA. Transfer Credits are included; however, AP credits are not. Your credits/status will reflect current classes taken Spring 2014. Once a student has been placed in a status level, all numbers within that status are assigned at random. Students who fill out the undergraduate housing application by April 1st and students who moved into an expanded occupancy triple will be given priority lottery numbers.
Updates of open rooms will be posted online after each room selection night. For example, all available rooms left after rising senior room selection on April 16th will be posted online on April 17th. Students who indicated in AARC that they would be graduating in May 2014, but will be returning for the Fall 2014 semester will not receive a lottery card through the mail. If this applies to you, please come to the Office of Residence Life to select a lottery half-number.
Room Selection Timeline
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 — Deadline for requesting an special accommodation for 2014-2015 year
- Friday, March 28, 2014 at 11:59pm — Deadline for requesting withdrawal from housing for 2013-2014 year
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 11:59pm — Deadline to submit application in order to receive a priority lottery number for 2014-2015 Housing Selection
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 11:59pm — Deadline to submit application in order to participate in Special Interest and Theme Community Selection Night
- Tuesday, March 25, 2014 — Simmons Hall Lounge, 7:00-8:00pm
- Thursday, March 27, 2014 — Morse Hall 1st Floor Lounge, 6:00-7:00pm
- Monday, April 7, 2014 - Live Twitter Q&A (@StormyShark) 8:00-9:00pm
Information & Floor Plan Tabling*
- Thursday, March 27, 2014 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Monday, March 31, 2014 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, April 3, 2014 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Monday, April 7, 2014 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Tuesday, April 8, 2014 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, April 10, 2014 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Monday, April 14, 2014 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
*In lieu of open houses, we will be making virtual room tours available online
- Tuesday, April 8, 2014 — Simmons Hall Lounge, 7:00-8:00pm Best for rising sophomores to find a roommate
Pair & Suite Fair
- Tuesday, April 8, 2014 — Arnold Hall Lounge, 8:30-9:30pm Best for rising juniors and seniors to find a roommate/suitemates
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014 — Alumnae Hall, 5:30-8:00pm
Special Interest & Theme Community 6:00-7:00pm
Rising Seniors 7:00-8:00pm
- Thursday, April 17, 2014 — Alumnae Hall, 6:00-8:30pm
Rising sophomores/2nd semester first-years 7:30-8:30 pm