Welcome to Residence Life at Simmons! The Office of Residence Life manages all Simmons housing, room selection, and arranges many on-campus events. This page lists the latest news and announcements, and you can learn more about Campus Housing, Communities, and Move-in for New Students throughout this section.
Friday, December 6 at 11:59 pm - Deadline to sign up for Winter Break housing
Thursday, December 19 at 12:00 pm - Residence Halls close for Winter Break for all undergraduate students
Friday, December 20 at 4:30 pm - Simmons College administrative offices close for Winter Break
Thursday, January 2 at 8:30 am - Simmons College administrative offices re-open from Winter Break; Residence Halls re-open for undergraduate students who have been approved for early return
Friday, January 10 at 1 pm - Residence Halls re-open from Winter Break for all undergraduate students
Thanksgiving Break Housing
Thanksgiving Break begins on Wednesday, November 27 at 12:00pm and ends on Sunday, December 1 at 8:00am. All students, both undergraduate and graduate, are welcome to stay for the break at no cost. For safety and security purposes you are required to register with the Office of Residence Life by filling out the Thanksgiving Break housing form located on our website. Registration must be completed by Friday, November 22 at 11:59pm. Students who register after this deadline will incur fees for improper sign-up.Thanksgiving Break Sign-up
Overnight guests are generally not permitted during the break periods. However, if you make a formal request with our office, we will consider this request. If you are interested in having a guest stay with you over the Thanksgiving break period, please fill out the following form to request permission. You are not approved to have a guest until you receive confirmation for our office. We will be in touch by Monday, November 25th.
Winter Break Housing
The residence halls will be closed from Thursday, December 19 at noon until Friday, January 10 at 8:30am. Swipe card access will be deactivated on Thursday, December 19 at 12:00pm and will not be reactivated until Friday, January 10 at 8:30am.All graduate students and Dix Scholars are permitted to remain in residence for the duration of Winter Break. International students who need housing between Thursday, December 19 and Friday, January 10 may also do so at no extra charge. However, for safety and emergency purposes, any student who wishes to be on campus for any portion of that time MUST fill out the Winter Break housing form (coming soon). Break housing requests must be completed by Monday, December 2. If you do not request housing by the deadline, you will risk not being approved; if you are approved after the deadline, you will face late fees. *Please note that your request will be approved or denied by Monday, December 9. This will be communicated to you via email.
Student who wish to return to campus early will be charged a daily rate of $25 per night, as this period is not covered in your College Housing License Agreement. The residence halls will re-open for the spring semester on Friday, January 10 at 8:30am.
Only those students who have made special arrangements by filling out the Winter Break housing form and have been approved will be allowed to return to campus during the break.
Withdrawal from Housing
Please note that the withdrawal deadline of Friday, November 15 at 11:59 pm has now passed. All withdrawal requests received going forward will forfeit their housing deposit; as well, there will be a delay in approval, and the likelihood that approval will occur is reduced.
All upper-class students requesting to withdraw from housing must fill out the housing withdrawal request form located on our website. First-year students requesting to withdraw from housing for the spring semester must fill out the housing exemption request form located on our website.
Specific Information regarding Withdrawal from Housing
Students going on Study Abroad, Domestic Exchange, or Transferring
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions. If you will not be notified of your acceptance into a program or school until after the November 15 deadline, please still fill out the form; if you are accepted, a copy of your dated acceptance letter must be given to the Office of Residence Life. This form is required in order to receive a refund or place your deposit on hold.
Taking a Leave of Absence, Withdrawing, or Graduating from Simmons
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions. Only then will you have your housing deposit placed on hold, or to be eligible to receive a refund on the deposit when you return to Simmons. If you are graduating in December, you must also fill out the withdrawal form by the November 15 deadline in order to receive a refund on your $250 deposit.
Other Reasons for Withdrawal
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions. Additionally, you are required to write a detailed written statement outlining the reason why you are requesting to leave campus next semester. Please include a description of what has changed between the fall semester and spring semester that is causing you to request to withdraw from housing. Please note that your request does not automatically guarantee removal from the College Housing License Agreement for the spring semester. Your request will be reviewed by the Simmons College withdrawal committee and a response will be sent to you via email.
Are you finding what you need?
- For information about any services that are offered at the residence campus (mailroom, work requests, microfridge rental), see Residence Campus Services.
- Students with any questions, concerns, ideas, or recommendations are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of Residence Life at email@example.com, 617-521-1096, or stop by our office on the 2nd floor of the Health Center.
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm