CareerLink is the main online job board at Simmons. Maintained by the CEC, it offers all Simmons students and alumnae/i access to full-time jobs, part-time jobs, internships, summer jobs, volunteer opportunities, fellowships, and related career and event information. By completing your personal profile on CareerLink, you will have access to the following:
- Hundreds of active jobs posted to the site just for Simmons students and alums. The searchable database includes openings from local, national, and international employers.
- Several additional job databases specifically for college students and graduates, such as Internships.com and Career Rookie
- A "Simmons Hiring Simmons" feature that allows you to search for jobs posted to CareerLink by a Simmons parent or alum
- A Job Agent tool that allows you to set up automated e-mails sent to you with recently posted jobs in your areas of interest
- A repository where you can post your resumes, cover letters, and writing samples
- Announcements and information on forthcoming career events, such as career fairs, and workshops, and the ability to RSVP for each event
- ...and much more!
Note: CareerLink uses pop-up windows. If you are using a pop-up blocker, please disable it for the CareerLink site.
Registering for CareerLink
To register for CareerLink, click here. Please be sure to include your Simmons ID# in your profile.
Once registered, you can sign-in to CareerLink:
Once logged in, you can edit your profile in CareerLink, search for jobs, view upcoming on-campus career events, set up job agents, post your resume and cover letters, and much more.
After clicking on Job Search, you will be able to enter various filters to refine your search. Once you select your filters, you will be taken to a list of jobs meeting the criteria you have entered. From the jobs list, click on the title or job ID# of any job to view the full details, including a job description and application instructions.
The complete CareerLink User Guide for Students is available here.
To apply for a particular job you are interested in please be sure to read the application instructions fully and follow them closely. Most applications will require a resume and an in-person interview. Check out the Career Toolkit for tips on these and other job search skills.
- Who can access CareerLink?
All current Simmons students and alumnae/i may access CareerLink using their ID number. The CareerLink database can also be accessed by faculty and staff of Simmons College via a separate launch portal. Aside from employers and Simmons alumnae/i, individuals outside the Simmons community and prospective students are not able to access CareerLink.
- I am trying to register for CareerLink but I am receiving an error message that my "user name is not unique;" why can't I register?
In CareerLink, your user name is your Student ID number. This message means that the system already has a profile with your Student ID number in the system. This indicates that you already have a profile in CareerLink, even if you have not previously set one up. CareerLink is used by the Simmons CEC to record career-related activities such as career coaching appointments and career fair attendance, and will often set up profiles to record these activities if one does not already exist in the system.
To resolve this issue, go to the CareerLink login screen and click on "Forgot your password?" A reset password will be sent to your Simmons e-mail address, which you can use, along with your Student ID number as your user name, to log in to CareerLink. You can go to "My Profile" to edit your password after logging in.
- How often are new jobs posted on CareerLink?
New jobs are posted on CareerLink daily, and we typically post between 40-50 new job and internship opportunities each week. Openings are posted for up to three months at a time to ensure that older jobs that are no longer current do not remain in the system.
- What kind of jobs are posted on CareerLink?
Full-time jobs for recent graduates and alums, part-time off-campus jobs for current students, internships (both paid and unpaid), summer jobs, and fellowships are all listed on CareerLink. On-campus jobs and work-study jobs (both on and off-campus) are NOT posted on CareerLink but on CA$H. Volunteer opportunities can also be found through the Simmons College Scott/Ross Center.
Questions about CareerLink?
Contact the CEC at (617) 521-2488 or email@example.com.
Check out the STEPS Career Development Plan
To learn more about the STEPS Career Development Plan based on the 5 Step Model and developed specifically for Simmons undergraduate students, visit the STEPS Plan page.
Find a Job or Internship
Meet with a Career Coach
Wondering where to start? Let us help. Drop by Monday and Tuesday from 3:00-4:30 or Wedneday and Thursday from 1:30-3:00; or, make an appointment at a time convenient to you.
Next Career Event
Mar 13, 2014 at 12:00pm at Northeastern University Cabot Cage