Graduation / License Procedures
MAT Program Steps to Graduation and Licensure
- Submit a Petition to Graduate Form to the Graduate Education Department.
- Simmons graduates students four times a year in May, August, October, and January. Generally, you will be eligible to graduate according to the following schedule:
- Students who successfully complete their last class in the spring are eligible to graduate in May
- Students who successfully complete their last class during Summer I are eligible to graduate in August
- Students who successfully complete their last class during Summer II are eligible to graduate in October
- Students who successfully complete their last class in the fall are eligible to graduate in January
- You will be contacted if there are any issues that may prevent or delay your graduation.
- Apply online for licensure with the DOE:
*Please be advised that the Simmons Education Department will no longer accept undergraduate transcripts for submission to the DOE as of May 2008. Undergraduate transcripts submitted to the Education Department will be returned to the student.
- Apply via the DOE's online application system, ELAR, at https://www4.doemass.org/
- License: Initial
- Cost: $100. Credit Card Only.
- Submit your undergraduate transcript(s) to the DOE. A copy of an official transcript is acceptable, but it MUST clearly show the seal of the institution. Otherwise it will not be accepted.
- Commencement is held in May. Only students who are May graduates are eligible to participate in Commencement; August, October and January graduates are eligible to participate in Commencement the following year. Find details at http://www.simmons.edu/commencement/
- Simmons will send your final, endorsed transcript to the DOE following your graduation date.
You will receive your license after you have passed all required areas of the MTEL, and the DOE has received and processed your transcripts and application. Turnaround Time: This may take several months.