posted December 20, 2013 3:48 PM by Emily Boyd
Wow, what a whirlwind 2013 has been! It feels like yesterday I was starting my first class at GSLIS and now I am 2/3 of the way done with my degree. Instead of a usual post, this week I decided to follow the trend of year end blog posts and write a list of everything I've accomplished in 2013.
This year I:
- Moved back to Boston and started the Simmons GSLIS program
- Started writing for the Student Snippets blog
- Experienced the horrible events of the Marathon Bombing with friends, classmates, and fellow Bostonians
- Travelled to Rome with GSLIS and then visited Slovakia, Austria, and Hungary with an old friend
- Visited Chicago for the first time and attended the American Library Association's Annual Conference
- Spent a week in Northern Michigan with one of my best friends and her family
- Started working as a Reference Assistant at the Norman Williams Public Library
- Watched the Red Sox win the World Series!!!
- Commuted between Boston and Vermont for four months without going (too) crazy
- Started another job working for a local tech startup called Green Mountain Digital
- Completed 8 out of 12 classes towards my degree (while getting a 4.0 this semester!) and I'm on track to be done by August 2014
- Finally... I've read 97 books and am on track to finish 100 by the end of the year!
Whew! I'm exhausted just writing this out, its been quite a year. So far, GSLIS has been wonderful and so many doors have opened since I started this program. I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring! I couldn't have done any of this without the support of my friends and family who have dealt with my nonstop library talk and constantly evolving plans. I've really enjoyed chronicling my experiences at GSLIS through this blog and will continue to do so in the new year.
Have a happy and healthy holiday! See you in 2014!