Babson College seeks an enthusiastic, innovative, and collaborative team member for the position of Instructional Services Librarian. Reporting to the Lead Instructional Services Librarian, this position supports and advances library instructional programs through the application of information literacy standards, instructional design principles, pedagogical knowledge, educational technologies and ongoing assessment efforts. This position plays an active role in leading the integration of library instruction into undergraduate and graduate curricula. Additionally, this position provides research consultation support through regularly scheduled shifts at the reference desk, serves as the liaison to at least one academic division, and embraces a strong, responsive, user-centric customer service model.
· In collaboration with the Research & Instruction Team, assesses information literacy needs of students, faculty and staff and develops creative delivery models to meet those needs
· Develops innovative and effective models of library outreach for students, faculty and staff
· Builds collaborative relationships with faculty and program management staff in order to maintain robust library instruction initiatives.
· Develops and manages digital assets, instructional documentation, in-class presentations and teaching schedules for library instruction programs.
· Provides in-person, email and virtual research support to students and faculty as a member of the Research & Instruction Team.
· Maintains appropriate reference and instruction statistics
· Conducts ongoing assessments of student learning and contributes to departmental assessment projects.
· Learns, implements and teaches new technologies, both in support of larger ITSD initiatives and in pursuit of continuous enhancement of the library instruction programs.
· Functions as the liaison to specific academic division(s), providing library services such as curriculum support, research assistance, library instruction, vendor relations and special projects.
· Participates in regular professional development activities.
· Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations.
· Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
· At least 3-5 years of post-MLS academic library experience in an automated library setting
· Strong and dynamic classroom presence and presentation skills, with evidence of strong interest and success with learning, implementing, and teaching emerging information technologies
· In-depth knowledge of the ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
· Knowledge of instructional design practice and principles as applied to in-person, online, synchronous, and asynchronous instruction
· Strong understanding of pedagogical theories and approaches, including their application to diverse populations of learners and teachers
· Evidence of exceptional interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively with diverse students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, and other community members
· Strong program management skills
· Ability to understand and work with information and instructional technologists to deploy web-based content and instructional technologies to support on-site and distance information literacy initiatives
· Excellent computer proficiency
· Strong knowledge of business information resources preferred
Submit an application (including: cover letter, resume or CV, names and contact information for at least 3 professional references, and optional statement of teaching philosophy) via the following link: https://babson.peopleadmin.com/postings/2316 . Review will continue until the position is filled, but applications received by May 31, 2013 will be given first consideration.
This is a full-time, 12-month appointment with administrative status.