Analyst, Advanced Platform Distribution, AMC Networks Inc., New York NY
posted April 29, 2013 2:59 PM
Title: Analyst, Advanced Platform Distribution
Department Name: Broadband Production
AMC Networks Job Location: NY / NY
Requisition ID: 20624BR
This hands-on role supports advanced platform product initiatives for the AMC, IFC, SUNDANCE, WE tv, AMC/Sundance Channel Global and their associated products.
The Analyst, Advanced Platform Distribution will coordinate the meta data and non-video assets for the syndication of Advanced Platform content to all affiliates across all distribution methods including Digital Set Top Box (DSTB) On Demand, TV Everywhere (TVE), Mobile, EST (Electronic Sell Through), Broadband and other IP platforms and affiliates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Traffic incoming schedules and meta data from business units and format as per CableLabs industry and specific affiliate and platform specifications
- Prepare meta data and all required documentation and deliver to external Affiliates and Transmission Companies
- Ingest all meta data and schedule information into department's Asset Management System
- QC all content deliverables prior to delivery from Advanced Platform group and in live status mode utilizing all available means (Rentrak, SlingBox, etc)
- Assist in the implementation of the Meta Data Schedule Team's responsibility in disseminating reports, data and other information both internally and externally as needed
- Assist Meta Data Schedule Team's efforts in supporting Affiliate and Business Unit Marketing groups in Advanced Platform related promotions and initiatives
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
This position contributes to assuring all contract obligations are met as to the distribution of advanced platform programming to MSO, Affiliates and other business partners. In addition, this position contributes to maximizing efficiencies of the workflow procedures of the Advanced Platform group resulting in reducing both time and direct expenses and also assuring all transactional and ad sale revenue potentials are maximized.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field to media or communication. Masters of Library Science or Information Science is a plus
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience in Information Management or related Advanced Platform programming and distribution management
- Understanding of Data and Information management.
- Experience with asset management and data storage.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Client-services experience.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a basic understanding of XML & XLS generation.
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, iTunes and Amazon
- Second language is a plus
Anyone interested in applying must do so on our website: http://www.amcnetworks.com/career.