Director of Library Services, New England School of Acupuncture, Newton MA
posted April 23, 2013 4:05 PM
Director of Library Services
Kelly Library, New England School of Acupuncture
Reports To: Academic Dean or President
Summary: Oversees the direction and growth of library collections and services with the aim to support the mission and goals of the college. Ensures the provision of a full range of resources and services to all library users by performing the following duties personally or through direct supervision of library staff.
Qualifications: MLS/MSLIS from an accredited school; knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine or experience in a health sciences library preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises Library Assistant project work such as management of the college's archives, processing and putting materials on the shelves, creating website content, etc.
- Coordinates the training of new Library Assistants, and revises training materials as needed
- Manages staff hours, meetings, and schedule changes for each term
- Oversees development of all library policy, programming, and services, in conjunction with NESA faculty and administration when appropriate
- Develops and updates library mission and goals as well as long-term strategic plans
- Supervises development and maintenance of online capabilities both inside and outside the library including growth of and access to electronic resources
- Supervises collection development practices as well as cataloging and organization of all materials
- Tracks and submits invoices and purchase orders; manages expenditures
- Communicates with Library Assistants and the IT Coordinator to track and address any technology issues involving library equipment or online access to resources
- Participates in community and professional meetings to discuss and act on library issues or problems
- Provides library education and public relations services including: classroom lectures; student, faculty, and community outreach; development of information literacy programming; writing for various school publications such as handbooks, websites, and newsletters
- Submits proposed annual budget for review and approval
- Reviews library holdings and consults with appropriate staff or faculty to determine the acquisitions of additional book, journal and audiovisual materials
Supervisory Responsibilities: Recruits, hires, trains and supervises Library Assistants
Schedule: 20 hrs per week, spread between at least 3 weekdays. Flexible schedule preferred as needs change from term to term.
Pay: $25-30 per hour, depending on experience
Interested Applicants should e-mail their Cover Letter and Resume to Peg O'Connell at the address below.
Human Resources Administrator
New England School of Acupuncture
150 California Street, Newton, MA 02458