Knowledge Management Internship, Communispace, Boston MA
posted April 30, 2013 4:04 PM
Knowledge Management Internship | Boston, MA, United States
Who You Are
You are proactive, hyper-organized and able to handle a sometimes unpredictable and very fast-paced environment. You are comfortable communicating with all staff levels and can anticipate and independently resolve even the most minor bumps in the road with a smile. You're flexible and able to absorb information about best practices, client needs, and business systems without batting an eye. You enjoy working with software and people equally. Oh, and, your superb project management and multi-tasking skills are second to none!
What You'll Do
This internship in Client Services has a completely unique role. This position will primarily work with the Content Curator to overhaul our knowledge management system on a top-to-bottom rejiggering of the repository we use to share our best ideas among our colleagues. You will be examining documents to determine their continued relevance to our current practices, performing quality control on metadata, and producing an inventory of documents. You'll develop an understanding of our business and information needs, and work with us as we imagine what sort of knowledge management experience would best serve our company in the future.
Desired Skills / Experience / Qualities
• Candidates must be enrolled or recent graduates of an accredited MLS/MLIS program with coursework in at least two of the following areas: Cataloguing, Indexing, Metadata, or Corporate Libraries.
• 1-2 internships in a professional setting.
• Experience with a Content Management System or HTML required; experience with MS SharePoint preferred.
• Expert use of the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Excellent writing skills.
• Candidates must be available to work forty hours per week in our Boston office.
• Internship will be approximately 12 weeks.
• Amazing sense of humor.
• Folks who play nice, are team oriented, incredibly bright, fun, curious about life and engaged in their work are encouraged to apply!
The timing of the internship would run from June 3rd- the final few weeks of August.
Communispace Corporation, www.communispace.com, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, is the consumer collaboration agency uniquely equipped to harness the power and inspiration of consumers to drive business growth. Founded in 1999, the company has created more than 500 customer communities for industry leaders including: Kraft, Hewlett-Packard, Charles Schwab, Hallmark, Unilever, GlaxoSmithKline, Hilton Hotels Corporation and many more.