Young Adult Librarian, Part-Time Benefited, Reading Public Library, Reading MA
posted April 29, 2013 3:17 PM
Job: Young Adult Librarian, Part-Time Benefited
Description: The Reading Public Library seeks a tech-savvy, creative and energetic Young Adult Librarian to share responsibility for Teen Services with another Young Adult Librarian; 20 hours per week including every third Saturday and at least one evening per week. Reading Public Library offers a friendly, fun, progressive and exciting environment with opportunities for professional growth and participation in professional and community organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This position shares responsibilities for managing Teen Services with another Young Adult Librarian. Shared responsibilities include: development and maintenance of teen collections; planning and conducting activities and programs for young adults in grades 6 -12; creative print and online promotion of services and collections; management of the teen web page; supervision of teen volunteer and advisory groups; and coordination of school and community outreach.
The Young Adult Librarians work within the Information Services Division and also provide excellent professional reference and readers' advisory services to the general public.
- Master's Degree or candidate from an ALA accredited school of library science.
- Commitment to public service.
- Knowledge of recreational and educational needs of young adults.
- Knowledge of current trends in library services for young adults and of young adult literature and materials.
- Knowledge of reference techniques, services and resources.
- Knowledge of and comfort with social media and emerging technologies.
Abilities: Must be able to drive a car and hold a valid driver's license.
Salary: Range $22.56 to $28.05 per hour, plus benefits
Closing Date: Open until filled with preference given to applicants who apply by May 28, 2013.
To Apply: Send letter of interest and resume by email to:
Kathryn Melesciuc, Administrative Assistant
Reading Public Library