Archives Intern (Fall 2013), National Public Radio, Washington DC
posted May 28, 2013 4:30 PM
The NPR library has recently established an internal historical archive. The archive complements the collection of materials held at the National Public Broadcasting Archives at University of Maryland.
***Please note: The Archive internship at NPR are available only to information/library/archive students and recent grads who have completed archival coursework.***
Work under the supervision of the NPR Chief Librarian to describe & arrange the newly created NPR Historical Archive including:
- Surveying & appraising incoming or previously received archival materials.
- Processing archival materials using MPLP processing guidelines.
- Writing descriptive finding aids.
- Ability to balance attention to detail and accuracy with an understanding of "the big picture."
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively according to the demands of a project.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly and easily with colleagues and clients.
- Experience handling deadline pressure and establishing priority among competing demands.
- Archival knowledge combining educational and hands on experience.
- Familiarity with MPLP, DACS & EAD.
- Experience with writing & encoding finding aids for online publishing.
- Knowledge of digital & analog file formats.
- Experience with writing or editing archival policy.
- Experience with digital & analog audio preservation.