Data Quality Specialist (Part time), Gerson Lehrman Group, Boston MA (or remote)
posted May 6, 2013 7:42 PM
Gerson Lehrman Group is looking for a part time Data Quality Specialist who has prior experience building and maintaining taxonomies. In particular we are interested in classifying companies and job functions to the specific industry/ies that are most representative of their focused business area. You will be part of our Data team and work remotely. Your work will consist in extending the existing taxonomy, and testing the products that use it. In addition, we have general data quality tasks to improve the categorization of expertise which includes employment records, memberships, awards, publications, etc. You will help us label and categorize our data and champion its quality. You must be passionate about taxonomy development, information management and schemes.
Here's what you need to have:
· Bachelors in Fine Arts, Liberal Arts or Journalism
· Excellent writing skills
· Experience developing and extending taxonomies
· An extreme attention to detail
· Degree in Library Science
· Experience with Industry Classifications like NAICS SICS
· Experience creating and maintaining ontology.
· Experience writing SQL queries and organizing data sets
· Worked on search quality or ad quality
· Experience at a tech company creating taxonomies and ontologies
For immediate consideration, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.