Library Assistant, Access Services, Simmons College, Boston MA
posted May 22, 2013 3:14 PM
Job Title: Library Assistant, Access Services
Job Category: Non-exempt Staff
Hours per week: 35, including some evening and weekend hours
Note: This is a pre-professional position. Eligibility is limited to qualified students currently enrolled in Simmons GSLIS Program.
Summary Description of Position:
Working under the direction of the Access Services Librarian, performs tasks in the functional areas of interlibrary loan, document delivery, course reserves, and stacks maintenance. May coordinate and supervise the work of student workers in one or more of these areas. As a member of the Library's Information Services team, participates in Circulation and Reference services. (see HR website for full job description)
- Participate in the delivery of interlibrary loan and document delivery services using the Illiad system
- Participate in providing a course reserves service to faculty and students using the Ares system
- Participate in the maintenance of physical collections in the Beatley library
- Participate in the management of student workers
- Participate in the work of Information Services and Beatley Library including staffing Reference and Circulation desks
Work Schedule: To be determined by manager. Proposed schedule: Sunday - Thursday, 12:00 - 8:00pm, with flexibility for classes.
- Bachelor's degree and current enrollment in Simmons GSLIS program.
- Relevant experience and completion of no more than 3 GSLIS courses.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience working or volunteering in libraries.
- Experience with library systems, such as Innovative Interfaces, Inc.'s Millennium and Atlas System's ILLiad and Ares
Compensation: $31,500 plus a generous benefits package, including tuition remission. See this pdf for more info.https://jobs.simmons.edu/
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Simmons HR site https://jobs.simmons.edu. We will be reviewing resumes on June 7, 2013.