Library Director, Montague Public Libraries, Montague MA
posted May 28, 2013 3:26 PM
The Trustees of the Montague Public Libraries are seeking a forward-looking, community-centered and collaborative Library Director to commence employment in mid-October. The Library Director is responsible for overall management of the library system, its program services including, but not limited to, overseeing facility operations, procurement of all materials, supplies and equipment, representing the library to town government, budget development, financial management, managing the staff, strategic planning and goal setting, developing and administering library policies and procedures, and working closely with the elected Board of Library Trustees.
Qualifications: MLS from an ALA-accredited school and MBLC-certified with at least five years experience (public library preferred). The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Strong management and supervisory skills,
• Knowledge of current and emerging information technology,
• The ability to work effectively with staff, government and the public,
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
• The desire to initiate and assume major responsibility for new projects such as fundraising for a new building.
Knowledge of the Evergreen system is a plus.
Salary starts at $54,648, depending on qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Cover letter, resume and 3 references to MPL Search, 201 Ave. A, Turners Falls, MA 01376 or email@example.com. Applications accepted until June 21 or until position is filled.