Library Technician 2, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT
posted May 15, 2013 2:48 PM
May lead lower ranking library staff members, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Knowledge of library science techniques and practices; knowledge of advanced library systems, resources and equipment including applicable computer based and automated systems oral and written communications skills; interpersonal skills; ability to analyze and solve problems relating to library methods; ability to understand and operate across more than one area of library activities; some supervisory ability.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Four (4) years' supportive experience in library work including acquisition, cataloging, circulation, inter-library loans and reference.
Two (2) years of General Experience must have involved library tasks at or above the level of Library Technician 1.
College training in Library Science may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Considerable computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in a Circulation department of a college or university library.
- Ability to promote library services.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for opening and closing the library on Saturday, closing on Friday
- Instruct patrons on the use of the library, policies and procedures
- Assists with hiring, training, scheduling, directing student workers
- Maintains the training material for student workers
- Working lead at the Circulation desk
- Assists with recovery and billing of overdue and lost library material
- Maintains the Reserve collection
- Maintains the audiovisual collection
- Assists with maintaining accurate links to library e-resources
- Helps with space utilization projects and studies
- Fills in for Interlibrary Loan as needed
- Attends to library physical plant maintenance, liaison to facilities management
- Performs related duties as required
Schedule:40 hours per week with a 30 minute unpaid meal break
Tuesday - Thursday 10:00am - 6:30pm
Friday - 10:30am - 7:00pm
Saturday - 8:30am - 5:00pm
Full Time Equivalent Minimum Salary $52,686.00
To apply for this Library Technician 2, 2013-929 position, you may use the Candidate Self-Service (CSS) online application. After submitting your application, you may also have the opportunity to upload a cover letter, a resume, and references. You MUST have these documents available at the time of application. To complete an application, please click on Apply for this position.