Quality Assurance Tester, Harvard University, Cambridge MA
posted May 14, 2013 5:07 PM
Quality Assurance Tester
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 2 months / 20 hours per week
Harvard University IT Library Technology Services (LTS) seeks a contract Software Quality Assurance Tester to test software, report bugs, coordinate bugs reports by alpha and beta testers, and retest reported bugs associated with the launch of a next generation digital repository service. The Software Quality Assurance Tester will operate Web based and workstation based software and test specified functionality, report bugs in Bugzilla, and may coordinate and triage the reports of external users for reporting to the software development team. May also contribute to technical or training documentation.
- Tests web based and workstation based software applications, creates reproducible test cases, reports bugs in Bugzilla, and retests and close bugs when they are fixed
- Works closely with subject matter experts, external clients and technical staff to learn the software being tested.
- Communicates via email and telephone with external testers, and translates their reports into reproducible test cases and bug reports.
- Contribute to technical documentation and training materials
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years SQA experience with web applications involving database or index search and record updating
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be able to learn to operate new GUI based software products quickly.
- Experience testing software involving multimedia file types, such as digital images, audio, books, and PDFs.
- Familiarity with reading XML files
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC tools, including MS-Windows, the file system, text editors, MS Office, as well as some bug reporting software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, reproducible bug descriptions
- Strong communication skills and ability to present ideas to people at different levels of management and technical expertise.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Programming knowledge desirable, to aid in documenting complex problems
- Ability to write technical documentation or create training materials
- Familiarity with reading XML metadata files, such as METS, MODS, DC.
Please send resumes to Angela_Boudreau@harvard.edu