Records Manager, Brandeis University, Weston MA
posted May 28, 2013 3:45 PM
Library and Technology Services (LTS) at Brandeis University is looking for a Records Manager. The Records Manager is responsible for establishing and managing a university-wide Records Management program.
*Examples of Key Responsibilities:*
· Survey departments' records. Provide advice on the management of their records, often determining their appropriate disposition.
· Help departments coordinate with records vendors providing recordsstorage, imaging, and confidential
records destruction services. Facilitate the transfer of appropriate records to University Archives, including the submission of digital assets to the Brandeis Institutional Repository.
· Develop and maintain records retention and disposition schedules. Develop university-wide records policies.
· Develop and implement strategies and methods for managing and preserving electronic records and digital assets.
· Develop and conduct training sessions; deliver presentations to the Brandeis community on managing records and the services of the RecordsManagement program.
Master's degree in Information Science, Library Science, Archival Science, or related subject area from an ALA-accredited institution with recordsmanagement coursework. Minimum of three years of professional
experience as a records manager or archivist or information manager with recordsmanagement responsibilities.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of records management and archival theory and standards, including legal and fiscal issues governing university records. Effective oral and written communications skills and public service orientation to convey program rationales and benefits to audiences at all organizational levels and backgrounds.
Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy and respect for privacy rights; ability to maintain and safeguard confidentiality of documents and information
collected and reviewed. Evidence of accuracy, attention to detail, reliability, and discretion.
Knowledge of and/or experience with electronic records management systems and digital preservation issues. Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills. Familiarity with developments in the electronic records and digital repository fields.
Evidence of program building success; experience leading public programs and outreach preferred. Knowledge of and/or experience with enterprise business and content management systems preferred.
Experience working in a university/college setting preferred. Certified Records Manager preferred.
Physical requirements: Ability to operate barcode reader and computer keyboard; visually inspect paper and electronic documents; and to lift, shelve, and retrieve boxes weighing up to 40 pounds. Exposure to
dust/dirt/mold is possible.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at http://www.brandeis.edu/