Research Analyst, Prospect Identification and Analytics, Boston MA
posted May 28, 2013 4:01 PM
Research Analyst, Prospect Identification and Analytics
Salary - $50-60K
Boston area healthcare leader has terrific newly created position for team player with strong research skills to assist their Advancement & Development efforts.
The Research Analyst in Development/Fundraising Research provides prospect identification, analytics support, and research support. The Research Analyst creates concise, accurate, and timely ratings and research profiles using biographical information, financial data, news, philanthropic history, etc. The Research Analyst will also be trained and eventually take part in developing fundraising analytics models.
· Identifying and qualifying new prospects for fundraising business units
· Rating the giving capacity of individual prospects
· Supporting the research needs of assigned fundraisers/fundraising teams
· Leading monthly meetings with clients in an effort to identify their fundraising priorities, anticipate research needs, and help them understand and manage their donor portfolios
· Assisting and working closely with Research's Client Services team to identify individual, corporate, and foundation prospects that match client needs
· Spending 10-20% of work hours learning, developing, and applying data analytics skills to assist in the creation of predictive models to help facilitate strategic and financial goals
· Analyzing research requests to determine appropriate level of detail required
· Identifying appropriate resources needed for completion of requests
· Creating concise, accurate, and timely research products using biographical information, financial data, news, and philanthropic history, while adhering to professional standards such as an individual's fundamental right to privacy
· Tracking and disseminating news and information about top donors and prospects
· Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years fundraising research experience from a non-profit; or relatable substitute experience.
· M.S. in Library Science a plus.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team; superior communication, organizational, project management, writing, and analytical skills; ability to manage multiple clients and to meet deadlines.
· The Research Analyst must be a "circular thinker." Prospect information is not always easy to find, and creative thinking about linkages and possible trails to follow are necessary. Must be curious, focused, and knowledgeable in interpreting financial statements, stock transactions, proxy statements, annual reports and must be able to analyze the data. Must have high level writing skills as the reports and briefings prepared in Development Research are used by Trustees, the President, the SVP of Development,
· Technical Skills: Superior skills in Microsoft applications; familiarity with Internet search strategies and online subscription services such as Lexis-Nexis for Development Professionals, Foundation Directory, Wealth Engine, and Alumnifinder. Willingness to learn how to develop analytics models. Experience with SAS or SPSS preferred but not required.
CONTACT: Please forward a word doc resume to Jobs@CharlesRiverSearch.com