Acquisitions Librarian, Regina Library, Rivier University, Nashua NH
posted June 19, 2013 3:54 PM
(Full-time, 35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
The Acquisitions Librarian will work as part of the Technical Services team and will manage the acquisition of library materials in a variety of formats, will oversee the library's serials subscription list and print serials functions, perform collection development, will act as a library liaison to faculty, provide reference services, and provide some library instruction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research requests and order materials using a variety of methods and vendors. Retrieve bibliographic records and attach order records as required. Act as vendor liaison for acquisitions.
- Track expenditures and encumbrances in the acquisitions module and monitor outstanding orders to resolve problems. Monitor acquisitions accounts and assist with reconciling acquisitions funds with university budget lines.
- Manage and evaluate the library's print and electronic serials subscription list. Claim missing issues from the serial agent monthly. Oversee serials check-in and stacks maintenance performed by support staff and resolve problems. Act as liaison with the serial agent.
- Collect and compile statistics pertaining to assigned functions and prepare related administrative reports.
- Act as a subject specialist collection development library liaison for one or more content areas, provide some reference desk coverage, and participate in a limited role in library instruction program.
- Assist with special library projects and programming and participate with other staff on the library's presence on social media sites. Keep abreast of current developments and trends in the field. Participate in inter- and intra- departmental cross-training.
- An MLS from an ALA accredited program. A minimum of one to two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Acquisitions experience or experience with purchasing functions preferred. Must be self-directed, well organized, able to meet deadlines and multiple demands and have a high level of commitment to customer service.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Submit a cover letter with salary expectations, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references to: Human Resources, RIVIER UNIVERSITY, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060, or apply online at www.rivier.edu or email email@example.com. EOE. No agencies please.