Administrative Assistant, American Academy of the History of Dentistry, Brookline MA
posted June 4, 2013 2:50 PM
The applicant should have the skills to be able to maintain our Website :
- our site is based on a customized build of a content management system called Drupal.
- Drupal is written in the PHP programming language, so modifications to the system are coded using that language.
- the visual design of the site is created using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- all the coding changes are done in pure code using a text editor
- configuring e-mailboxes and other administrative functions of the domain are carried out using cPanel, a web-based control panel provided by our hosting service.
( Training will be provided)
Additional responsibilities include general administrative responsibilities, maintaining our organization's membership database, PowerPoint presentations and being able to conduct informational retrieval on- line and various archives/libraries in the Greater Boston area.
Ideally, the candidate has some experience working in database development/ management, working knowledge of archival automation [EAD], Metadata standards and metadata application guidelines. Strong on-line search skills to conduct advanced reference work, citation verification and copyright clearance for hard-to-find documents. However, applicants with strong Microsoft Application skills will be considered.
This is a 10-15 hours per week commitment. Flexible hours. Range $15-17 /hr