Communications Assistant, Christ Church, Cambridge MA
posted June 5, 2013 4:57 PM
Title Communications Assistant
Full Or Part Time Part-Time
Hours Per Week 19
Days And Hours Required Office Hours:
Monday 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 9:00- 2:00 p.m.
Remaining hours may be negotiated within normal business hours.
Christ Church Cambridge is seeking a Communications Assistant who will work collaboratively with the clergy and office staff in developing all means of internal and external communications, with an emphasis on developing a consistent image and message across all platforms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Website management and maintenance
• Monthly newsletter compilation and distribution
• Creation and distribution of weekly parish wide email
• Coordinating any marketing and advertising
• Print production of posters, flyers, brochures, announcements, and ads
• Implementation and oversight of social media presence, including: Facebook pages, Twitter account, blog(s), etc.
• Photography and Video editing associated with website and print communications
• Facilitating access to digital and online presence for clergy and office staff
• Support clergy and parish administrator with phone calls, email and calendar
Because of the visibility and importance of these functions, the candidate should:
• Be familiar with "Safe Church" standards
• Have pastoral sensitivity and appropriate standards of confidentiality
• Have some familiarity with a parish community
Required Education, Experience and Skills
Proficiency in the following software programs is preferred:
• Word Press web software
• Adobe In-design and Photoshop
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Audio and Video editing tools
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Must have demonstrated computer proficiency including use of Microsoft Office
• Have a collegial working style and be able to work collaboratively as a member of a team
• Must be able to work independently
• An ability to juggle many projects and priorities simultaneously
• Ability to delegate assignments and oversee volunteers
• Be proactive, highly organized, and detail oriented
Please contact The Rev. Jonathan Eden, Associate Rector
617.876.0200 extension 11 or at email@example.com