Librarian/Archivist, Vulcan Inc., Seattle WA
posted June 24, 2013 10:02 PM
Vulcan Inc is seeking an experienced librarian/archivist to join the Library & Media Services team and manage the archival collections of the company's founder, Paul G. Allen.
Paul G. Allen founded Vulcan Inc 1986 with Jo Lynn Allen to manage his business and charitable endeavors. Vulcan is a progressive, innovative, entrepreneurial organization powered by individuals with exceptional talents and skills. We are looking for a team player who can apply professional archives and library standards to the processing and description of personal papers, manuscript collections, and business records; work within a dynamic corporate environment, and provide superior customer service.
If this opportunity sounds like an exciting challenge we invite you to visit our Web site (www.vulcan.com) to learn more about our dynamic company!
The librarian/archivist is responsible for processing of archival collections, conducting basic preservation activities, providing access to the collections, original cataloging of library materials in a variety of formats and assisting with reference services. This position works with traditional archival materials, artifacts, photos, and digital media. The librarian/archivist works closely with the Library Director to collaborate on projects that utilize the archival collections.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A Masters Degree in Library & Information Science from an American Library Association accredited institution, or a Masters Degree in History with an emphasis on archives is required.
* 2+ years' professional work experience processing archival collections; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Thorough knowledge of professional archival standards, principles, concepts, and practices.
* Understanding of and ability to apply cataloging rules and conventions, and descriptive standards, (DACS, AACRII, and MARC).
* Familiarity using integrated library system applications to catalog print materials
* Able to work independently and prioritize tasks with little on-site supervision
* Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=