Library Director, Derry Public Library, Derry NH
posted June 25, 2013 9:43 PM
Derry Public Library is extending its search for a Library Director
Extended deadline - July 31, 2013
A rewarding opportunity for a library director is available at a beautiful, vibrant, 22,000 sq. ft. facility serving our southern New Hampshire community of 34,000. We are extending our search for a leader and promoter of our library, who will continue to move us forward as a community resource for Derry's diverse population.
Derry Public Library has a broad collection, engaging online presence, public access computers; participates in a consortium of 12 other libraries, and provides active programming for adults, teens, and children. The successful applicant will bring creative ideas, enthusiasm, a sense of humor, and the desire to work collaboratively to manage a library that is current, forward thinking, community oriented, and a dynamic place to work.
- MLS with minimum of 4 to 5 years administrative expertise in public libraries;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience to inspire and lead a talented staff of 28;
- Ability to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with staff, town officials, community groups, and other libraries;
- Thorough knowledge of current library principles and practices for people of all ages, as well as skills in goal setting, personnel management, physical building oversight, technology development, and community outreach
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing a substantial budget (currently $1.17 million)
- Experience with, and dedication to, expanding sources of funding
The successful candidate will possess enthusiasm and creativity to guide and inspire the staff to high achievement, and an ability to articulate the importance of library services in an ever-changing landscape of community needs, technology advances, and variable resources.
See our web site for a full job description.
Send resume and support material by July 31, 2013 to:
Elizabeth Ives, Chair
Board of Trustees
Derry Public Library
64 East Broadway
Derry, N.H. 03038
or email email@example.com