LMS Transition Project Assistant, Simmons Technology, Boston MA
posted June 4, 2013 3:44 PM
LMS Transition Project Assistant
Duration: To start immediately. Position continues through October 31, 2013. Salary is $15-$20/hr (based on experience).
Hours: 25 hours a week (flexible.)
Simmons Technology seeks a detail oriented, web literate project assistant to provide support in the migration of courses from Blackboard-based eLearning to Moodle 2.0/Joule-based Simmons Moodle.
This position will report to the LMS Project Manager, and will have the following responsibilities to assist Technology, Simmons Online, and interested Faculty with migration activities as they relate to the campus wide roll out:
- Recreation of course pages in the Simmons Moodle environment
- File migration and management
- HTML and CSS triage
- Rigorous documentation of migration activities
- Performing tasks related to usability testing, troubleshooting, and other areas both as needed and relating to the applicant's interests and expertise
- Web literacy and basic HTML / CSS knowledge
- Graduate student in good standing with a graduation date no earlier than December 2013.
- Ability to follow instructions and think critically in an online environment
- Close attention to detail and web best practices
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated professional or academic experience working with content on the web