Manager, Library and Information Services, Fuld & Company, Cambridge MA
posted June 21, 2013 6:30 PM
Fuld & Company, the world's preeminent research and consulting firm in the field of market and competitive intelligence (CI) is seeking a Manager, Library and Information Services to fulfill a wide variety of secondary research requests as part of its research and consulting projects. Clients are generally large companies seeking astute insights into their dynamic competitive environment.
Founded by Leonard Fuld, a pioneer and recognized leading authority in the field, Fuld & Company is a full-service intelligence consulting firm, providing research and analysis, strategic consulting, intelligence process consulting, and training to help clients understand the external competitive environment. Our ultimate goal is to help our clients improve their performance by making better decisions through the application of solid intelligence on their markets and competitors.
Since 1979, the firm has served many public and private companies, including over half the U.S. Fortune 500, as well as numerous international clients, and our client roster continues to grow. Within those companies, we serve the intelligence needs of many functional areas including Operations, R&D, Strategic Planning, New Ventures, E-Commerce, Mergers & Acquisition, Marketing, Sales, Distribution/Logistics, Purchasing and Human Resources.
Manager, Library and Information Services
1. Fulfilling Secondary Research Requests
- Support internal Fuld analysts and consultants with research supporting business development, proposal writing, and client projects. Creatively finds ways to fulfill requests
- Matches needs to resources in a cost-effective manner
- Participates in initial client call and serves as a member of project teams to get context for research requests
2. Searching and Delivery
- Delivers on-point results
- Analyzes and summarizes information, when requested
- Weeds out the helpful from the useless
- Avoids "data dumping"
- Presents information in an organized format
- Proactively "pushes" information relevant to the industry group leaders
- Stays current by reviewing new information on the gathering of Competitive Intelligence and secondary research collection
3. Organizational Skills
- Can balance multiple research requests
- Manages time effectively to meet deadlines
- Prioritizes tasks in order of importance
- Demonstrates flexibility with changing deadlines
4. Managing the Library
- Treats internal users as customers, recognizing their different needs and preferences
- Regularly takes stock of what resources are utilized by the Library
- Manages the Library's subscription accounts, contracts and vendor relationships
- Perform administrative tasks relative to billing projects for library work in a timely manner
- Analyzes the quality of the resources, purging what is not providing value
- Adds new resources that provide fresh ways of finding information
- Promote the Library's services to internal users on an ongoing basis
Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate ideally should possess:
- A Masters in Library Science (MLS) degree or equivalent
- 2+ years' experience in corporate information services
- Excellent MS office skills, including PowerPoint
- A high level of productivity to meet deadline challenges
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Professional presence and effective interpersonal skills
If you feel that this opportunity is right for you, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: LISJune2013LG in the subject line.
To find out more about Fuld & Company, visit www.fuld.com.