Research Librarian, Law Firm, San Francisco CA
posted June 5, 2013 5:25 PM
LAC Group is seeking for immediate hire a temporary Research Librarian for our client, a prestigious international law firm, in the firm's San Francisco office. The temporary Research Librarian, working as part of a centralized team of researchers, provides efficient research and reference services through a complex network of information sources for attorneys, legal assistants and staff across all of the firm's offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides legal and non-legal research assistance across the firm's global network of offices, using a combination of print and non-print resources such as Westlaw, Dialog, Thomson Innovation, Pacer, OCLC, CCH, BNA, Dun & Bradstreet, and others;
- Assists library users in utilizing print and non-print legal and non-legal research tools;
- Collaborates firm-wide with other research librarians on research requests, product evaluations, and other special projects.
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science;
- 3+ years of library experience in a legal or other professional services firm environment;
- Must be able to work in a virtual team environment.
- In-depth knowledge of complex legal and business online resources; legislative and patent research experience strongly preferred;
- Strong knowledge of legal bibliography, research and law library procedures;
- In-depth knowledge and excellent skills in the use of information networks such as BNA, CCH, Dialog, Dun & Bradstreet, OCLC, Thomson Innovation, Westlaw and others;
- Excellent skills in the use of MSOffice applications, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel along with superior skills in the use of Adobe Acrobat;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details, problem solving skills, and independent decision making skills when working with attorneys and staff;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Ability to lift and shift heavy volumes up to 20 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves up to 8 feet high.
For immediate consideration, please apply at:http://goo.gl/E0PQ8