Visual Resources Cataloger, Boston Architectural College, Boston MA
posted June 19, 2013 3:13 PM
VISUAL RESOURCES CATALOGER
The position of Visual Resources Cataloger is a part-time, permanent, non-exempt position of up to 18 hours per week providing support to the Visual Resources Librarian in cataloging visual material in the Visual Resources Library. This position reports to the Visual Resources Librarian.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs all original and copy cataloging of images under the supervision of the Visual Resources Librarian.
- Conducts additional research (using resources available in-house) as needed in pursuit of cataloging images.
Works with the following software on a daily basis: FileMaker Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. In addition, the cataloger will be uploading images into CONTENTdm.
- Works directly with faculty members when cataloging donated images.
- Collaborates in the research and selection process of images for inclusion into the digital images database.
II. Standards of Professionalism
A.Team and Interpersonal skills: Success in this position requires positive relationships with other team members which is inclusive of all staff.
B.Service orientation: Success in this position requires a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, students and faculty are treated in such a way as to feel valued and well served in their contacts with the school through you.
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Science required
- Knowledge of architecture and other design disciplines preferred
- Knowledge of AAT classification system
- Familiar with LC classification system
- Working knowledge of relational databases desired
- Must be able to overlap work schedule with the Visual Resources Librarian's schedule.
- Must be able to commit to a consistent schedule.
- Must be able to speak clearly and understand spoken communication.
- Familiarity with the subjects of art and architecture is preferred.
Click here to apply