Circulation and Reference Assistant, Pine Manor College, Chestnut Hill MA
posted July 22, 2013 5:16 PM
Circulation and Reference Assistant
The Circulation and Reference Assistant supports in the provision of information services to the Pine Manor College community. This part time position may supervise the library during daytime, evening, weekend, or occasional holiday hours during the fall and spring semesters. Limited hours may be available during school breaks, including summer.
- Supervises library during evening and weekend hours
- Provides reference services to Pine Manor students and faculty. Provides research assistance, creates and updates online research guides, and assists the Reference Librarian during information literacy sessions.
- Provides circulation services. Shelves and shelf-reads materials. Processes and maintains course reserves. Supervises work-study students in performing circulation/reserves and stack maintenance functions.
- Troubleshoots basic computer, printer and other technical issues
- Special projects as needed
Prefer a candidate who can work Tuesday evening and Thursday and Saturday afternoons but can be flexible.
Possibility of additional time as needed.
$12.00 per hour
- Bachelor's degree required, MLIS candidate preferred
- Ability to assume supervisory responsibility
- Knowledge of library operations and electronic databases
- Good communications skills
- Commitment to public services
Annenberg Library, Pine Manor College
400 Heath Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467