Head of the Collection Access Section, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda MD
posted July 19, 2013 6:19 PM
From July 25th through Monday July 29th, there will be an announcement on USAJOBS.gov for the Head of the Collection Access Section in the Public Services Division at the National Library of Medicine. The position will be listed as a Supervisory Librarian GS-1410-14, with a salary range from $105,211 to $136,771 including locality pay per annum. The announcement will be posted for five days. This brief posting period is because of the federal government's interest in
accelerating the hiring process and should not be interpreted as an indication that someone has already been selected.
The Head of the Collection Access Section is responsible for:
· Managing NLM's offsite document delivery operations including all associated contract activity;
· Managing NLM Onsite document delivery services to patrons in the main Reading Room, including oversight of contract activity to support patron copying and printing;
· Overseeing the development of DOCLINE, NLM's automated request routing and order referral system for medical libraries;
· Managing an automated document request monitoring and delivery system for NLM's interlibrary loan activity (Relais);
· Managing customer services operations for referred inquiries regarding DOCLINE, interlibrary loan and onsite collection access services; and
· Assisting in testing new NLM products and services that affect circulation, bibliographic searching, interlibrary loan and document delivery.
In addition to an interesting, challenging work environment, NLM has a great location on the campus of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. It is a short Metro ride from Washington D.C. and a short walk from Bethesda's thriving restaurant and retail district.
Please contact Martha Fishel, Chief, Public Services Division at 301.496.5501 or email@example.com with questions.