Library Services Manager, Infotrieve, Union NJ
posted July 7, 2013 9:20 AM
Infotrieve is a global leader in providing information services and content management technology to businesses. For more than 20 years we have been providing corporate information centers, R&D facilities, and legal, business affairs and product professionals in more than half the Fortune 500 with a broad array of outsourcing services and software solutions.
The Library Services Manager is responsible for managing on and off site Library Services and staff in accordance with established service levels and approved budgets. Responsible for the management of all aspects of the client relationship. This position is located in Union, New Jersey.
- Prepare & communicate monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables to the client's Information Resources management team.
- Update and maintain all reporting using various resources and tools (proprietary and commercial)
- Collaborate with end-users and business/project teams to identify information needs across a broad range of business functions, disease states and therapeutic areas
- Work with management and library staff to streamline workflows and deliver content efficiently
- Work in conjunction with vendors and technology teams to evaluate, integrate and deploy information solutions across the organization
- Assist end-users with ready-reference questions, customer service and/or assess issues related to Information Resources and services
- Work with the client management team, and the client end-users to align the procurement of search & discovery tools, databases and content with the requirements of the organization
- Process and track requests for the purchase of books, subscriptions, pay per view document delivery orders and other materials
- Reconcile vendor statements and track expenditures for subscriptions and content licenses for information resources throughout the organization
- Work with end-users and Client's Subscription Coordinators to implement new subscriptions and to manage subscription renewals and cancellations in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Work directly with publishers and vendors to troubleshoot all subscription access issues (including updating IP addresses, repairing broken links, etc).
- Provide overall management for the organization of content on the client's Digital Library, including the integration of e-Journals, databases and information resources based on various end-user needs
- Participate in the evaluation and application of best practices to deliver electronic information solutions that meet user expectations and maximize value for the organization
- Ensure that Library Services operations are conducted in a copyright compliant manner
- Work with the client's legal department and Library Team to develop an enterprise-wide Copyright Compliance Policy
- Coordinate and implement training programs to increase end-user awareness of basic copyright policy, as outlined by the client's Copyright Compliance Policy
- Coordinate Information Center open-house activities and provide resource training sessions
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all services provided to the client
- Participate in other tasks and projects as necessary
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Master Degree in Library Science or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years previous corporate library management experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Working knowledge of library operations, database search tools and library automation packages.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with clients and colleagues to build strong business relationships.
- Proven ability to operate under minimal supervision, exercising strong decision making skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects, meet deadlines and deliver on customer expectations.
- Proven technical proficiency in an automated library environment.
- Proficiency with the Internet and desktop software.
- Proficiency with various library based software programs
- Proficiency retrieving information from publisher websites and databases such as PubMed, MicroPatent, etc.
- Proficiency with the Internet, desktop software and library based software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the position title in the subject line of the e-mail. Please note that Infotrieve does not provide visa sponsorship.
To learn more about Infotrieve, please visit www.infotrieve.com.