User Interface Developer, Ohio State University Libraries, Columbus OH
posted July 14, 2013 12:39 PM
The Ohio State University Libraries (http://library.osu.edu/) is seeking a User Interface Developer for the Applications Development & Support (AD&S) team in the Information Technology Division. AD&S provides three service offerings to the University Libraries: collaboration and communication tools which includes the Libraries' content management system and Intranet, custom application development, and Integrated Library System support.
As a member of the AD&S team, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating and improving the online user experience: ensuring that products and services provide a positive experience for partners, patrons, and Library staff and faculty. With this goal in mind, the candidate will design, refine, and implement web pages, CMS themes, application and system user interfaces, and digital exhibits that are in accord with industry best practices, the Libraries' and Ohio State's branding standards, and web accessibility guidelines. This position provides a great opportunity to design creative and usable solutions, making a significant impact on how patrons and staff experience services at the University Libraries.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience designing web application user interfaces and websites
- Experience programming in PHP and in supporting a PHP based content management system
- Experience with graphics software, such as InDesign or Photoshop
- Experience using interaction design techniques (e.g. paper prototyping, wireframes, HTML mockups, etc.)
- Experience in agile software development using agile frameworks such as Scrum or XP
Click here to apply