Business Librarian, Georgia State University, Atlanta GA
posted August 14, 2013 5:46 PM
Position and Responsibilities:
Georgia State University Library seeks a collegial and forward-thinking librarian to provide innovative outreach services, instruction, and research support to students and faculty in the J. Mack Robinson College of Business. The College includes the departments of Accountancy, Managerial Sciences Computer Information Systems, Marketing, Finance, Health Administration, Real Estate, Hospitality Administration, Risk Management & Insurance, and International Business. With more than 6,000 students and 200 faculty members, Robinson College is one of the largest business schools in the United States.
This position is part of the University Library's Social Science, Business & Education team and is one of two librarians who support the Robinson College of Business. Working in a highly collaborative, team-based environment, Business Librarians are responsible for delivering quality online and in-person instruction, providing in-depth research consultations, and building strong partnerships with Robinson College faculty, programs, and institutes. Subject librarians also provide general research assistance both online and at the Library's User Services Desk. Some weekend and evening work required. This is a 10-month position (August-May). Georgia State University librarians hold faculty rank and are expected to engage in service and scholarly activities.
- ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library and/or Information Science
- Experience working in an academic or research library
- Experience conducting business research and knowledge of business information resources
- Commitment to user-centered services, innovative approaches to teaching and instructional technology, and new ways of supporting of the research needs of students and faculty
- Knowledge of recent trends in research libraries
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or economics
- Experience creating and delivering library instruction, both face to face and online
- Experience working with specialized formats, such as data sets, used in business disciplines
- Demonstrated scholarly and professional activities
Salary and Rank
Minimum salary of $37,500 paid over 10 months (August-May). Salary is commensurate with the candidate's education and experience. Appointment at a faculty rank, on a contract renewal basis.
Submit a cover letter addressing the above qualifications; resume; name, address and phone number of three references, including immediate supervisor. Review of materials will begin September 20, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. Send materials to:
Human Resources Officer
Georgia State University
100 Decatur Street, SE, Atlanta, GA 30303-3202