Digitization Assistant, Baker Library, Harvard Business School, Cambridge MA
posted August 28, 2013 12:28 PM
Baker Library Special Collections, Knowledge and Library Services, Harvard Business School
(three-month full-time temp position; 35 hours per week M-F; $18 per hour; no benefits)
Duties: Baker Library Historical Collections seeks a Digitization Assistant to provide support for a scanning project focused on a contemporary business collection. As a member of the project team, the assistant will be responsible for the preparation of materials for digitization and quality control, as well as assisting with other aspects of the project.
Duties will include:
- Generating barcoded coversheets.
- Identifying and photocopying items with preservation and/or privacy concerns.
- Verifying core metadata such as author, date, and page count in a spreadsheet.
- Selecting the best quality copy for digitization.
- Separating and re-housing items selected for digitization.
- Conducting quality control of master and access copies of scanned images and associated metadata.
- Re-integrating original items with the collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong attention to detail essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Familiarity with accepted conservation and preservation methods applied to archival and manuscript collections, and sensitivity to proper care and handling of special collections.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move 40 lbs.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to Rachel Wise at email@example.com; Baker Library Historical Collections, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA 02163.
No phone calls please.