Director, Library Markets, LAC Group, Emeryville CA
posted August 4, 2013 11:06 AM
LAC Group seeks creative and dynamic Director, Library Markets on behalf of our client, a leading global provider of technology solutions for libraries. The Director, Library Markets will develop strategic-level technical messaging to support Client corporate strategy, operational readiness, on-going sales support and serve as a key decision-maker regarding marketing messaging, mix and implementation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success as an individual contributor of original content that drives sales enablement and marketing communications. Fantastic career opportunity for MLIS / MBA marketing strategist with deep knowledge of and passion for technology and libraries. Position based in Emeryville, CA.
- Act as the expert resource to the public and academic library community. Compose and present thought-leading content via industry and trade events, social media, articles, and other outlets. Compose articles, product fact sheets and other informational materials as required. Participate in company events, industry forums and sales meetings;
- Work collaboratively with senior management and marketing to produce messaging architecture that aligns and supports with product and corporate planning. Drive new revenue through sales support, development of marketing programs including customer acquisition and retention programs. Develop processes to forecast, track, and report on success of programs;
- Produce sales "tool kit" to maximize effectiveness of the sales channel including strategic messaging, features and benefits of products and the advantages against the competition. Align materials to the purchase process. Conduct sales training to ensure competency in messaging and selling strategies;
- Conduct on-going customer engagement and feedback program. Actively engage senior level customer and partner staff to ensure company initiatives are aligned with market needs and trends. Identify and recruit customers and partners to act as references at industry forums, panels, content development and press-related activities. Support the development of event-related content including program development;
- Work collaboratively with product management/marketing staff to identify business buyer, user, and technical buyer personas and align market messages to ensure clear and relevant communication;
- Research and assess market opportunities and needs through rigorous analysis of market trends, research and sales performance. Assess library technology initiatives and identify areas of distinctive competencies and align those competencies to markets;
- Direct marketing efforts to create a rolling promotional plan that addresses all segments of the target market with maximum efficiency. Ensure that the focus of each program addresses key opportunities within the market and achieves targeted level of success. Ensure that all product sales meet corporate expectations for financial performance;
- Contribute significantly to the corporate marketing plan. Identify target markets, product development and marketing programs required to meet corporate growth objectives. Evaluate program performances against plan. Present market plan(s) at internal sales meetings and conferences;
- Conduct on-going customer engagement and feedback program. Actively engage and maintain senior-level relationship with customers, sales, and industry partners. Develop business relationships and negotiate agreements as necessary to achieve sales and business development goals. Identify and recruit customers and partners to act as references at industry forums, panels, content development, and press-related activities;
- MBA, MLIS (or equivalents) or substantive experience in libraries or the library automation marketplace. Demonstrated understanding of the Library and Internet markets;
- Ability to successfully execute marketing management techniques. Demonstarted knowledge of competitive analysis, demand creation, marketing programs, and project management;
- Ability and willingness to travel (20%) domestically with occasional trips of 7-8 days including weekends. Occasional international travel;
- Familiarity with Pragmatic Marketing framework, techniques, and terminology;
- Capable of creating and managing spreadsheet pro-forma analysis;
- Possess solid self-management skills and be self-motivated;
- Exceptional verbal and written skills. Capable of interacting with all levels of the company, customer base, and potential partners;
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions when faced with complex and contradictory alternatives;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with key stakeholders and functional counterparts to obtain required resources;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously;
- Possess professional and creative style to act as corporate champion within and outside of Client company.
Interested parties can please visit http://careers.lac-group.com/ to apply!