Director, Phoenix Biomedical Campus Library, University of Arizona, Phoenix AZ
posted August 4, 2013 11:19 AM
The University of Arizona is seeking a Director of the Phoenix Biomedical Campus (PBC) Library to provide transformational leadership in support of health science programs from The University of Arizona, Northern Arizona University, and other educational, clinical and research programs of the Phoenix Biomedical Campus.
We welcome candidates who are committed to furthering the vision of an evolving integrated and comprehensive clinical, educational and research enterprise by delivering innovative informational services and quality digital and print resources to students, staff and faculty. The director will also be responsible for designing and implementing information and instructional services, supervising the day-to-day operations of the PBC Library and developing and maintaining productive interlibrary collaborations with regional libraries and organizations.
· Capacity to thrive in an exciting, dynamic, future-oriented environment and to respond with agility to changing needs and priorities.
· Accredited MS, MLS, or other relevant graduate professional degree.
· At least five years post-MS experience in an academic [preferably health sciences] library including significant leadership, supervisory, management, budgetary experience, and recent experience with electronic resources, technology and vendor relations.
· Experience creating, delivering and managing information services in an electronic environment and a strong knowledge of health and medical information resources.
· Significant experience in the design and deployment of instructional programs, preferably for health science students.
· Record of involvement in professional associations and/or evidence of publications or presentations;
· Candidate should be a dynamic leader with the proven ability to develop and cultivate a highly functioning team that delivers results and champions innovation and continuous improvement.
Salary is $85,000 annually DOE. Review of applications will begin on August 22, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please see our full job description and application information at www.uacareertrack.com/