Enterprise Applications Analyst, MassArt, Boston MA
posted August 25, 2013 1:55 PM
The Enterprise Applications Analyst provides database and application support for the College's administrative database environment, including all SQL Server based systems and Ellucian's Colleague ERP (currently Unidata). This is a technical position requiring knowledge of database systems and administration, data extraction and reporting, scripting, and front-end application support and troubleshooting.
· Serve as application-level administrator and expert for a designated portfolio of enterprise applications, and participates in team supporting all enterprise applications, including the college's ERP, Ellucian's Colleague.
· Serve as the college's primary expert and administrator for SQL-based reporting tools.
· Ensure that proper day-to-day application-level maintenance procedures are performed, either manually or in automated fashion to ensure optimal performance of systems and databases.
· Oversee security management and user access, taking responsibility to ensure that each user has access only to data and screens as authorized.
· Keep applications, databases and tools current, ensuring that patches, updates, and new tools are tested and loaded in a timely fashion.
· Provide leadership and expertise in troubleshooting issues with applications and databases, coordinating with users, other Technology department staff, or vendors.
· Serve as part of team managing college's Identity Management infrastructure, integrated between Colleague, SQL Server, and Active Directory.
· Manage and monitor the flow of data between systems to ensure smooth and secure information exchange.
· Work closely with OS-level and hardware-level administrators to ensure smooth and consistent support for applications; assist in operating system-level and hardware-level administration tasks as needed.
· Keep abreast of developments in application product lines and future plans for the applications; provide recommendations to Deputy CIO as appropriate.
· Serve as developer for application-level alterations or customizations to as-delivered products.
· Be accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions for which they are responsible and which fall within the scope of the Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Diversity Plan.
Review of applications will begin on Monday, August 26, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Experience administering enterprise applications, specifically ERP systems commonly used in higher education (e.g., Colleague, Banner, PeopleSoft, Jenzabar)
- Technical documentation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with Ellucian (formerly Datatel) Colleague and Unidata
- Knowledge of LDAP and/or Active Directory
- Microsoft certification for SQL Server
Visit https://careers.massart.edu/postings/14 to apply.