Intern, Health Advances, LLC, Weston MA
posted August 16, 2013 2:49 PM
Contact: Laura M. Eisenmann -- leisenmann@healthadvances.
Health Advances, LLC, is a strategic advisor to the healthcare industry, helping companies make more confident decisions involving some of the greatest challenges in the commercialization of medical technologies. Founded in 1992, Health Advances serves clients in Biopharma, MedTech, Diagnostics and Life Sciences, Health IT and Services, and Investors. Health Advances has headquarters in Weston, MA, with satellite offices in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and Zurich.
Health Advances' Knowledge Management team is seeking to optimize the quality and distribution of news alerts ("current awareness") to our consulting staff. Some of these alerts may be general business news, but more will be focused on various aspects of the healthcare industry relevant to our practice areas. We have conducted a survey to gain a deeper understanding of the types of news and delivery platforms that staff use currently and will wish to use in the future. The intern will spend most of her/his time taking this project to completion:
- Analyze first round of survey results to determine preferred types of news and delivery methods, by consultant level
- Working alongside senior KM staff, locate and evaluate potential resources to address unmet needs and delivery methods
- Conduct deeper research on a sub-set of resources, and draft final recommendations in concise PowerPoint slides
- Draft guidebooks and cheat sheets for select consultant and management level preferences
- Present analysis and suggested best practices alongside senior KM staff at company-wide meeting (as scheduling permits)
- In addition, as time and interest permit, the intern may have the opportunity to learn about healthcare research sources and to participate in answering research requests.
We are flexible as to scheduling, but would prefer the intern to work for two or three blocks of 3 to 5 hours each, between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., any days of the week except for Monday mornings.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Some familiarity with the healthcare field would be a plus, but is not required. Interest in healthcare would make this a more rewarding opportunity.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally, the intern will have taken a Reference course, be able to conduct research, and have some familiarity with RSS and similar technologies.
Parking is available.