Library Media Specialist, Frontier Regional School, South Deerfield MA
posted August 6, 2013 2:41 PM
This position is listed on SchoolSpring. Note the ID number.
Job ID: 425272
Application Deadline: August 16, 2013
Starting Date: August 28, 2013
Frontier Regional School (FRS) is a regional public high school and middle school in South Deerfield, Massachusetts, serving students in grades 7 - 12. The district serves the four towns of Conway, Deerfield, Sunderland, and Whately.
The position of Library Media Specialist involves several components including: administrative decision making, educational leadership, technical assistance, and professional development. The Library Media Center (LMC) is a vital part of our school community and provides access to resources, and both technical and pedagogical advice to faculty and students. The LMC truly is at the heart of our school community and leads the way in the integration of technology.
Currently the LMC has 50+ computer work stations, the Follett Destiny cataloging system, a mobile computer cart, a SMART Board and a large variety of print and online resources.
We are seeking an innovative educator who has a strong desire to work with adolescents and continue to support the integration of technology into the curriculum. The ideal candidate has previous experience working in a school setting.
MISSION & EXPECTATIONS
The mission of Frontier Regional School is to provide the highest quality education by offering challenging learning opportunities for all students. The school cultivates skills for responsible citizenship and for lifelong learning in a changing society. We value each individual and foster a safe and caring school environment.
Frontier students will:
1. Communicate clearly through writing, speaking, and visual presentations.
2. Use problem solving skills and critical thinking effectively.
3. Read effectively for a variety of purposes.
4. Explore and appreciate the fine and performing arts and the humanities.
5. Use technology effectively.
6. Practice behavior that promotes wellness
7. Learn to work both independently and cooperatively.
8. Develop a post graduate transition plan.
9. Develop a sense of self-worth and respect for others.
10. Develop skills for good citizenship. Learn more about us...
At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
Master degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States requied.
Visit http://www.schoolspring.com/ and enter in the Job ID (425272) to apply.