Part-time Library/Media Paraprofessional, Israel Loring Elementary School, Sudbury MA
posted August 15, 2013 2:51 PM
Starting Date: August 28, 2013
The Loring School is seeking a detail-oriented paraprofessional to assist the school library media specialist in teaching and managing library resources.
- Supervise library classes for students in grades 1 and 2 and collaborate with grade 1 and 2 classroom teachers, under direction of school library media specialist.
- Staff circulation desk, assist patrons, manage student behavior in the library.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the library collection, including the purchase, cataloging, processing and inventory of materials. Prepare and distribute overdue notices; prepare bills and collect monies for lost books.
- Assist staff and students with technology curriculum and troubleshooting.
-Four year college degree
-Experience teaching elementary-age children. Familiarity with Common Core and Massachusetts curriculum frameworks.
-School library experience, especially with Follett Destiny circulation system.
- Appreciation of children's literature.
- Strong communication and patron service skills.
- Technology experience, preferably with Apple computers and applications. Activinspire software and hardware, web 2.0 applications as may be used in the school library setting.
- Ability to maintain appropriate level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Visit http://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=444502 to apply.