Part-time Morning Librarian, Bunker Hill Community College, Boston MA
posted August 25, 2013 12:38 PM
The Bunker Hill Community College Library and Learning Commons seeks applicants for a part-time weekday morning Librarian.
Circulation Services: This position provides assistance to the Coordinator of Library Services for Circulation, Reserves, and Interlibrary Loan Services to students, faculty and staff.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Compensation: This is a part-time position, $23.99/hour for 18 hours per week. This position provides the opportunity to interact with students, faculty and staff in a community college setting including:
- Backup support on the circulation, reserve, lending, and interlibrary loan desk;
- Effectively support the activities of librarians and library assistants at the Lending Services Desk; print schedules, assign special projects as necessary, and reinforce training;
- Respond to questions from patrons (students, faculty, staff, and community members) utilizing high customer service strategies;
- Utilize technology (Evergreen (consortium ILS), the statewide Virtual Catalog, and the national OCLC system);
- Assist patrons in using Library services and equipment, including computers, printers, photocopiers, and the library website and catalog;
- Assist with other aspects of library operations as needed.
Qualifications: MLS from an ALA-accredited program. Circulation, Interlibrary Loan, and Reserve experience in an academic library, with a strong interest in and aptitude for customer service. People skills (communication, telephone etiquette, etc.), and strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and students. Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality. Punctuality and dependability.
- Experience with library technology including library management systems (specifically Evergreen), Syrup, Virtual Catalog, and OCLC;
- Ability to manage and mentor a staff of up to 25 part-time and work-study paraprofessional employees and student workers;
- Ability and desire to relate to and work well with a diverse student, faculty, staff, and community population, both one-on-one and in groups;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Able to learn quickly and take initiative;
- Familiarity with using and instructing others in technology.
To apply, send a resume or curriculum vitae, a cover letter that includes a summary of your qualifications, and names and contact information of three professional references to Elizabeth Fields, Coordinator of Library Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position, email Dr. Vivica Smith Pierre, Director of Library and Learning Commons, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, application materials must be received by Friday, September 6, 2013.