Part-Time Reference Librarian, Regina Library, Rivier University, Nashua NH
posted August 4, 2013 10:55 AM
Provide library reference service to students, faculty, staff, and other library patrons. In the absence of the Circulation Staff, oversee circulation desk activity and supervise student workers. Occasionally assist with other tasks within the User Services Department.
This is a year-round position, excluding certain breaks and holidays. Hours are Monday 4:00pm - 8:30pm (9:00pm during the summer) and every other Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide reference service to students, faculty, staff, and other library patrons in person as well as using e-mail, online chat and texting.
- Assist patrons as needed in the basic use of computers, printers, photocopiers, scanners, etc.
- Provide drop-in library instruction sessions for patrons in general library use, research methods, and the like.
- May assist in preparing LibGuides and other appropriate materials.
- May assist with other department functions, including circulation, interlibrary loan, and reserves.
- Assist in training and supervising student assistants.
- Assist with other library projects and programming as needed.
Required: MLS degree or MLS degree candidate (or a combination of education and experience). Experience working in a library, academic library experience preferred. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills. Experience with conducting reference interviews and searching research databases. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and basic technical troubleshooting.
Preferred: Experience with providing library circulation services. Supervisory experience is desirable.
Submit letter of intent, resume and the contact information for three professional references to: Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main St., Nashua, NH 03060 Attn: REFERENCE LIBRARIAN, PART TIME or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please. EOE
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Priority given to those candidates who apply by Monday, August 12, 2013.